To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Amazing to me

The day we got Kaitlyn’s diagnosis, my heart broke into a million pieces. I immediately realized that nothing in life mattered more than my family. It changed my entire perspective on what was important and what wasn’t. In our situation, you also quickly find out who is there for you and who isn’t. It is both heart warming and disappointing at the same time.  I’m embarrassed at the things that I once complained about that seem so trivial now. Sometimes it takes just one little girl, my daughter, to change everything.










Kaitlyn with her little brother, Cole 

Kaitlyn is amazing to me. She has taught me so many things already and I know that she will continue to teach me more about myself and about life. Not a day goes by that I don’t wish I could trade places with her and not have her experience this horrific disease. I don’t understand why things happen the way they do but someday maybe I’ll find out. As for now, we will continue to love her passionately with every bit of our hearts and souls.  

4 comments:

  1. Deanna, thank you so much for sharing Kaitlyn's journey. Your strength is truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna, I don't know why things happen the way they do, either. I personally don't think things "happen for a reason" - but do believe that we can choose to eventually create meaning out of things that hurt us. I hope that your faith, family and friends are of comfort to you during this difficult experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's of little consolation, but your experiences and Kaitlyn's beautiful existence are making a difference in other people's lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful photo! Kaitlyn's story is so inspiring - it helps us all strive to be better people

    ReplyDelete