To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

World Rare Disease Day

Today is World Rare Disease Day. Kaitlyn is 1 of 5 in the United States that has Niemann-Pick Disease, Type A. I'd say that's pretty rare. February 29th, 2012 marks the 5th International Rare Disease Day. On this day hundreds of patient organizations from more than 50 countries worldwide are organizing awareness-raising activities converging around the slogan "Rare but strong together". Please join me in saying a prayer and sending warm thoughts to anyone who has been effected by a rare disease.



Here is a video promoting World Rare Disease Day:


For more information, visit the World Rare Disease website at:  http://www.rarediseaseday.org

4 comments:

  1. Of course we will send prayers!!! Already done, and will continue to do so, you can be sure of that! As for myself and my family...we are pulling for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog all the time, and I just want you to know that your family is an inspiration to me. Kaitlyn is an absolutely beautiful angel here on earth. I can see the light of God in her eyes. I pray for strength and grace and peace for your family every day, and I say a special prayer for Kaitlyn to be at peace, unafraid, and pain free. Thank you for sharing Kaitlyn with strangers like me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoughts and prayers being said for your family and all those families with loved ones suffering from rare diseases!

    ReplyDelete