To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Kaitlyn is in surgery

Kaitlyn is officially in surgery right now. She did really well getting prepared for surgery. The staff brought her a special doll and a blanket for her which was a really nice unexpected touch. We got to spend some good time with her before surgery and got to take a bunch of pictures of her. We were also able to walk with her to the OR room and she was smiling the whole way. Here are some pictures of her from today.


The doll on the right and the blanket behind her were the ones given to her by the staff. It definitely helped to distract her to have new things to look at and play with. The teddy bear is very special to me (Deanna). My great grandmother gave it to me when I was born and I used to take this bear everywhere with me. I even have pictures of me out in the snow as a kid with it. I really wanted Kaitlyn to have it with her since it is from her great, great grandmother. I know her spirit is with her today.  

 Having fun with daddy and playing with her new doll.

Special time together. I love that she was so happy this morning. It meant so much to me.

Sharing a special moment with daddy just a few minutes before going to the OR. 

9 comments:

  1. These pictures are so sweet! Thank you guys for sharing! I know seeing her off and waiting must be SO hard. We are praying for her now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! These pictures are so special. I'm praying that everything goes well and that you'll have your smiling girl back in your arms soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still praying! I love the bear, Deanna. That is so special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying surgery goes well!
    Love all the pictures, you guys are in my prayers constantly. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks so sweet and happy. Thanks for sharing the update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet pictures Deanna, praying for a smooth and uneventful surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy for you that Kaitlyn was in such good spirits this morning. Sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. those are the most precious pictures, her smile makes my heart melt! how sweet the hospital gave her presents, that is how all babies should be treated when they go to the hospital

    ReplyDelete