To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Two Months

It has been two months since Kaitlyn passed away. To me it feels like eternity. To say that it has been a tough road since her death is an understatement. Every day comes with new challenges and we are trying our best to take one day at a time. 


Many of you may wonder what there is that you can do to help. What we could use most are prayers. Not only for our family but other families who have lost a child to NPD recently (or from any cause). 

I came across a list of prayers for grieving parents last night and I want to share it with all of you as it seemed to speak directly to my heart. 

Please pray...

  • That God would be our refuge. (unshakable trust) Ps 11:1
  • That God’s love and presence surround us day and night. Rom 8:38-39
  • That God’s strength would help us through the grieving process. Ps 27:13-14, 29:11
  • That we will accept God’s wisdom, knowledge, judgments (decisions), and ways rather than ask “why”. Rom 11:33, Prov. 3:5-6, Is. 55:8-9
  • That we will not doubt God’s goodness or faithfulness. Rom. 8:28-29
  • That guilt and depression will not overtake us. Phil 4:8
  • That our marriage will be strengthened as we grieve uniquely. That we’d give each other the freedom to grieve differently.
  • That we balance grief with our responsibilities as parents. (purposeful and consistent in love and discipline) 
  • That our son would be protected during this confusing time as mom and dad grieve, and that he might have a sense of normalcy and security. 
  • That we would not feel alone, but sense God’s presence, and lean on the Holy Spirit as our Helper and Comforter and Truth. 
  • That we would experience His peace like never before, and grace sufficient for each day/minute. 
  • That the Lord would guard our hearts from words that hurt instead of comfort. 
  • For wisdom to discern “what to do next” and know “where to go from here”.
  • That we could begin to see His plan… a mere glimpse of the purpose of our pain... again, no matter how many times it seems to change. 
  • That we choose to be gracious and kind to each other instead of justifying criticism and frustration when we are hurting and sad.
  • That we’ll be honest with our emotions and won’t be afraid to cry.
  • That we would not waiver in our trust, hope, or joy in our Heavenly Father, nor would we lose our praise even through the tears. 
  • Even though life goes on (much more quickly for everyone else) that we know/trust God is with us right where we are. Remembering that He hears our cries and sees our tears. 
  • That we’d always be mindful of the hope of heaven. That we’d be eternally focused and not be comfortable to get caught up in the “stuff” of this world. 
  • That our family will overcome spiritual battles. 
  • That through our loss, because of our children, Kaitlyn and Cole; people will see the need for a personal relationship with God. 
  • That in time we can comfort others with the comfort that we received. 
  • That we would not hold tightfisted “our” children or “our” things. That we see them as gifts entrusted to our care for the time being.

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I pray everyday for your family's comfort and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully put. Not a day goes by that I don't walk in my back yard and see the clovers and think of your sweet Kaitlyn. Prayers continue for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers go out to you and your family. I feel your pain. We lost my little boy a week after you lost your Kaitlyn to npd. The days that pass feel so empty. But I pray that God comforts you and you family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Petitioning the Father on your behalf, Bourgeault Family. I cannot begin to fathom the weight of your grief. The point about God revealing 'the purpose of your pain' really stood out to me. I pray that you have and will continue to see those "glimpses." So thankful that we serve a God who is not unacquainted with our sorrows. Love to you all. Courtney King

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear friend.
    You are a awesome Mom, and I am so thankful that you are Kaitlyn's Mom.Thank you for your service to her! Thank you for welcoming me into your family.I want to get you a pic of Kaitlyn's star in the western sky. I pray for you,Chip,and Cole every night and for all NPD and a cure.I miss Kaitlyn so much also- she took a part of my heart with her.My heart breaks for you,but God is faithful,and He knows that your heart is breaking.My love to all!

    I care,pray,love and believe!

    Kaitlyn's Wen

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will continue to pray for you and your family as well as other who are battling NPD and others diseases. Thank you for keeping us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be honored to pray these things for you and with you. I think of your family often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never stopped praying for your family and will conti nue to do so precisely in the manner you have requested. I too miss adorable Kaitlyn and seeing her new ribbons and beautiful face in your posts. God be with you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deanna,

    I think of and pray to Kaitlyn each and every day. She is such a perfect angel! I keep you, Chip and Cole in my prayers. You are such and inspiration to me.

    Amy Smith

    ReplyDelete
  10. God bless and keep you all!!! Miss Kaitlyn, too! Much love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Deanna, Chip and Cole, I will keep praying each day for your family. With Love, Sarah Russell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Still thinking and praying for Kaitlyn and you all everyday. She continues to teach us the meaning of love, life and family. Praying you are finding your way again through this hard and heartbreaking time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still think of you all and pray for you all the time. Just know you are always in our thoughts and prayers. Keep the faith, you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My heart breaks everyday for your family and not a day goes by that I don't think of her or how your family is and coping. I continue to pray for your family and that it gets easier or becomes a new normal. I cannot imagine being in your or Chips goes. May God be with you and your family through this time and comfort y'all.

    ReplyDelete