To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Friday, June 29, 2012

Happy Early 3rd Birthday in Heaven Sweet Girl!

It is amazing to think that almost 3 years ago, Kaitlyn was about to be brought into this world.

The night before Kaitlyn was born!
Doesn't seem like a long time, 3 years, for everything that we have been through, but the time we had with her seems longer than just 2 years and 8 1/2 months. She has taught us so much and made such an impact on others' lives that it blows my mind that she was able to do this is such a short amount of time. What an amazing daughter.

All swaddled up at the hospital after she was born!

I didn't realize just how difficult this weekend will probably be until I was at the grocery store the other night. I've always known that it would be difficult but you truly don't know how you will feel until time actually comes. I was headed over to pick out some flowers for Kaitlyn and walked by some birthday cards and almost lost it.  It came out of no where and hit me in the heart and gut at the same time.

Kaitlyn's 1st Birthday Party!

Kaitlyn's 2nd Birthday Party!
There is a type of mourning and grief associated with birthdays that I never truly understood until now. Yes- it is a celebration of her life and the most perfect day that she came into this world. But the other piece is that knowing how happy we were to have her here, all the dreams we had for her, just as you would for any newborn child... would not come true for her in the same way.

I know that she is in a much better place and I am hoping that I can focus on that this weekend as we head into her "heavenly" birthday celebration on Sunday, July 1st.

There will be a butterfly release at Kaitlyn's grave site, which all are welcome to come. Please wear something comfortable- it's supposed to be 104 degrees on Sunday!

Here are the details for those who would like to come.

There will be a butterfly release for what would have been Kaitlyn's 3rd birthday this Sunday, July 1st, 2012 at 3:00pm graveside at Forest Lawn East Cemetery - 3700 Forest Lawn Drive, Matthews, NC. Please feel free to join us in memory and celebration of her life.

After entering the the cemetery make the first left and then the first right and you will see a gathering near her grave.


Also, if you live out of town and want to do something in memory of Kaitlyn, we would love to see more beautiful bows on mailboxes again (a huge thank you to those of you who still have them up!) or for you to wear your NNPDF Persevere T-shirt (some of my NPD friends, family and supporters have them) or think about her and share her story with someone else.   

Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers this weekend. It's only Friday and it's already been difficult just thinking about it. I'm sure the butterfly release will be beautiful and uplifting. Hopefully we will be able to capture some pictures or set up the video camera so we can share the special moment with everyone.

Thank you for the continued love and support!

16 comments:

  1. Happy early birthday to your sweet angel in heaven. Praying for you and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still so heart breaking about the loss of sweet kaitlyn! I think about your family daily. She was a beautiful baby. Reminding me so much of my own girl with the full ringlets of curls. My family and I will be letting pink balloons go this Sunday to kaitlyn in heaven. I will post pic to your fb page!! Stay strong you and your family are amazing and are in the thoughts and prays of so many .<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna,

    You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers this weekend and always. I will put a big, beautiful Kaitlyn bow on my mailbox to remember her on her first birthday in Heaven. Oh how I wish I could be there for the butterfly release! What a wonderful way to honor sweet girl Kaitlyn.

    I love you Kaitlyn!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaitlyn and I share the same birthday! Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! I will be praying for all of you. Your journey has touched my life in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear friends,
    All of you are in my thoughts and prayers.My love to all as well. Happy Birthday Sweet Kaitlyn!It is I who has receieved the gift.The love,and life lessons. I can never thank you enough! I love you dearly and miss you so. Thank you Kaitlyn!

    Forever,

    Kaitlyn's Wen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been thinking about and praying a lot for your family and Kaitlyn lately. I have never met y'all but my heart is heavy for you guys this weekend. I know the butterfly release will be beautiful and hope it lifts your spirits this weekend. God Bless you and your family. Happy Birthday Sweet Little Angel!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for continuing to share your heart. You are in my thoughts and prayers often. Happy Birthday Kaitlyn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We feel for you. We are having a butterfly release today in honor of our great niece who had trisomy 13 and Thurs. would have been her first birthday. We never got to meet her alive but we did meet her as soon as she was born. She was beautiful and we miss her as much as you miss your Kaitlin. Our prayers are with you always. Love Pris Fecteau Biddeford Me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET KAITLYN! Thank You for continuing to share your thoughts with us! Kaitlyn will always be in our hearts forever! My prayers for your family will continue and we'll make a special prayer for Kaitlyn on her sweet birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The little random things that set off the stream of emotions...thinking of all of you on this most difficult of weekends. Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, Sweetie! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know, I just had a God moment. Just this morning I was telling a friend about Kaitlyn while we were sitting on the beach this morning. Happy birthday sweet girl! You are dancing in Heaven with Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  13. God bless u and ur family. I cant imagine your pain daily. I will keep u in my prayer. Your sweet girl will be with u always!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy rebirthday in heaven, everyone's special girl, on your first year in the presence of God and all the angels frolicking in the fields of butterflies and roses!!
    We miss seeing your pretty face and lovely bows that your mommy placed so lovingly in your hair. I especially love the picture of our second birthday that Mommy placed on her blog. You looked liked your heart was melting when your eyes met. She loved you so much and you will always be her very special girl. I hope loved ones are watching over her now and she gets stronger in spirit until you are in her arms once again. Kiss my daddy for me when you see him. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy 3rd Brithday, Kaitlyn!
    Deanna, you are a beautiful soul & that sweet baby is surely looking down on you with immense pride. God bless you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know, I looked at the pictures you and Chip posted on FB and all
    I could think was that Kaitlyn was SO very happy that you went to such lengths to celebrate her 3rd Birthday! How great that you and Chip felt so moved to celebrate in such a great way. As I've said before...you are lucky to have her as a daughter, and Kaitlyn is lucky to have you and Chip as parents and Mr Cole as a little brother. Much love to you all, and thank you so much for keeping us all in the loop (and in the "family")!

    ReplyDelete