To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Monday, March 25, 2013

One Year Later- 3/22/13

It is very difficult to articulate the feelings and emotions that I felt on Friday, the one year anniversary of Kaitlyn's death. I wasn't sure how I would react or what specifically I would react to. Would it be the day in general? Would it be the memories of how it happened? Would it be memories of her funeral? I just didn't know what to expect.










 I woke up and knew the significance of the day and felt a "dark cloud" over me but I wasn't upset... yet. I decided to stay home with Cole and spend the day together and meet Chip at Kaitlyn's grave site later that day to place a special heart-shaped floral arrangement on her grave.
















During the morning hours though, I found myself starting to "busy" myself... cleaning the kitchen, starting laundry, picking toys up and doing a lot of random activities to keep my mind off the obvious. That didn't work. The closer the clock got to 12:34pm, the very minute Kaitlyn died, the more anxious and overwhelmed I got.










Being that Kaitlyn passed away at home, I felt the flood of emotion and memories resurface. I felt a heavy weight on my heart and shoulders. A sadness of not being able to hold her or see her smile. It is still surreal that she isn't here. Part of me feels like it was yesterday and another part feels like it was forever ago.

Last year at her memorial service















Around 12:25pm - 12:35pm, I spent some alone time at the very spot where she passed away, in the master bedroom. I felt closer to her there than I did at her grave site later that day. I cried tears that no parent should ever have to cry. But oddly at 12:35pm, it was over and I was "okay".

We met at Kaitlyn's grave and I sat with Cole and said a prayer to God thanking Him for Kaitlyn and the time that we got to spend with her. We know that she is in the best hands possible now and that one day we will see her again.










I would be lying if I didn't say that the whole weekend was up and down emotionally for me. It would mean the world to me if you could keep us in your prayers as we move forward in our lives but at the same time keeping Kaitlyn in our hearts. It is a difficult concept to grasp for me... trying to be happy but grieving at the same time. The grief never ends, it just changes.
















On Friday evening, I invited everyone to light a candle for Kaitlyn at 8pm and say a prayer for those children with Niemann-Pick Disease and the families who persevere through it all.

I was blown away at the response and the photos that were posted of all the candles lit in memory of Kaitlyn. I also chuckle a little because anything having to do with Kaitlyn, whether she is with us on Earth or in Heaven, is a big deal. She WAS born in Texas after all... everything is bigger in Texas... bows... hair... :) She made a Texas sized impact on the lives of all of you and a year later, it was so amazing for me to see that she is still doing God's work. I am so proud of  you Kaitlyn!

Check out my Facebook page and the event page to see some of the amazingly beautiful images from Friday's candle lighting around the world!

Click here for my Facebook page.

Click here for the event page.







8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and emotional post DeAnna..I keep you, Chip and Cole in all my prayers..God Bless you all.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family thought about, prayed for and lite a candle for Kaitlyn and your family friday evening. You all will be in my prayers and Kaitlyn will live in our hearts forever. Thanks so much for sharing her with us. Love always...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaitlyn will always be in my heart. It is weird not knowing her personally but I felt connected to her. She touched me in such a way that it is hard to explain. I do miss her too.


    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. sending you and your sweet family so much love. I am so sorry you lost your baby. xoxo ,Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your family are always in my thoughts, Deanna. Kaitlyn will always be a part of so many lives. Sending love to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to hear that you all shared time together. Ill continue to pray for each one of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still think of you all often. Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m here to testify about what Dr James  did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 4 years and had constant pain and itching, especially in my private part. During the first year.This disease started circulating all over my body and  I have used Oregano oil, Coconut oil, Acyclovir, Valacyclovir, Famciclovir, and some other products and it really helped during my outbreaks but I totally got cured! from my HSV with a strong and active herbal medicine ordered from  Dr James herbal mix and it completely fought the virus from my nervous system and I was tested negative after 15 days of using  Dr James  herbal medicine. I'm here to let y'all know that herpes virus has a complete cure, I got rid of mine with the help of Dr James herbal medicine.  I came across a testimony of Kasha, on the internet testifying about Dr James , on how he cured Her from 7 years HSV 2. And she also gave the email address of Dr James... [drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com]..., advising anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help with, so I emailed him telling him about my (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I'm going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him. I have faith he can cure me too,, Dr James prepared and sent me his herbal medicine made of  roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after 15 days I drank his herbal medicine, I was totally cured. no more itching , pain on me anymore as Dr James assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test. the result came out negative. So friends my advice is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like Warts,Moles, Bipolar disorder, Shingles,  HPV, HBV, HIV/AIDS, ALS, HBP, CANCER,NEPHROTIC SYNDROME HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Autism,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis ,Tach Diseases,Lupus,Backache,dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY .  , etc. you can contact Dr James directly on his.... [drjamesherbalmix@gamil.com]...  He is a good man,and He will help you.  

    ReplyDelete