To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bedtime Prayer

Tonight I read to Kaitlyn from a book of children's bedtime prayers to help her fall asleep. There was one that really made me think of Kaitlyn. It is about God's plans for us.

The Lord's plans will stand forever
Psalm 33:11

A plan, a purpose, a path for you;
The Shepherd has something for you to do.

It may keep you near or lead you afar-
God's plan for you is as special as you are.

If you make a wrong turn and lose your way, He'll guide you back; just stop and pray.

Dear God, thank You for making me part of Your plan.



There is a definite purpose and plan for Kaitlyn here in our lives, and a reason she has Niemann-Pick disease. When we first got her diagnosis, there was no way you could convince me that there was a reason for this horrible disease. I still struggle with why it had to be Kaitlyn and how unfair life can be but I see that God has a plan for her and she has been doing His work by touching people's lives. I see it everyday.

Although she can no longer speak, she has spoken into the hearts of all those she meets. She teaches us lessons about what is important in life and what isn't. At 2 years old, I believe that she has impacted more people's lives than the average person would in a lifetime. She is a true angel and there is a purpose for all of this, regardless of how difficult it is and will be.  

4 comments:

  1. You took the words right out of my mouth with this post.

    Kaitlyn IS an angel and a miracle directly from God.

    Hugs and kisses to Kaitlyn...
    Love to you all,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOD only gives the special ones to the special parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this must have been difficult to write, to post. But thank you for doing so! I feel God has reached out through your blog to encourage strangers who have never met you. Your post has touched our lives at just the perfect time. Months ago I found your blog. Life got busy and I confess, I haven't had time to read much until today. We are waiting for news on whether or not a precious two year old and his infant brother have a rare genetic disorder (ALD). Our hearts are hurting and I've not found the perfect words to comfort my friends....until I read your post. Kaitlyn's life touches so many and I am grateful for your sweet, open honesty. I praise God in this storm. We don't understand his plans but he does use these precious children to reach our hearts. Bless you guys. We'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite Blogs, I too was angry but your words and faith have helped me. She is such an amazing gril. I wish I would have got to hold her sweet hand. She is now my companion. I talk to her all the time. Deanna you and Chip are amazing to me.

    ReplyDelete