To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ice Cream

Kaitlyn wasn't very happy today. She normally enjoys books and playtime but today she just wasn't up for it. She slept most of the day and just seemed out of it when she was awake.

This morning I asked myself what would make Kaitlyn happy today? (I do this every day) And today the answer I got was "arts and crafts and ice cream"!

Yummy... Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream!

Kaitlyn definitely enjoyed the ice cream more than the arts and crafts but at least I was able to get her to have some fun even if it was only for a few minutes.

Kaitlyn's Footprint

She did have 5 episodes today where it seemed as though she may have stopped breathing. We were able to get her back to normal by stimulating her/rubbing her body, suctioning out her mouth and blowing a fan in her face. It is a scary feeling, but we know that we have to help her to breathe again. She is so quiet when it happens too. One episode, I noticed she looked a little pale and then I looked at her chest and noticed it wasn't rising. Within seconds, her oxygen concentrations dropped and I had to act fast to get her to take a breath. There is no napping anymore when Kaitlyn naps. My job is to keep her comfortable and with us for as long as she wants. It's a scary job but one I wouldn't trade for anything. I am so lucky to be able to be here with her all the time.

Gigi and Cole















I can't even begin to express how thankful I am that my mom is here taking care of Cole during the day. I wouldn't be able to give Kaitlyn the attention she needs if she wasn't here. I literally can't leave the room for anything, it's too risky. Once the alarm goes off, it only takes seconds for her oxygen to drop.

Ice Cream Happiness!















Please continue to pray for Kaitlyn. We know it's working. A week ago, we didn't think we had another 24 hrs with her. Prayers have already been answered that she is still here with us, even if it's short term. Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. Deanna, your such a sweet and strong mom! We continue to pray for all of you. I told rilee about kaitlyn and we looked at the blog and now she includes her each night in her bedtime prayers...her 'little friend' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying. What a precious footprint.
    E. Shelton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ice cream happiness picture! Continuing to pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying for Kaitlyn. Sorry to hear she was having such difficulty recently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah she got some yummy icecream! so glad your mom was there to help with Cole, what a blessing so you could give Kaitlyn a life of love.

    ReplyDelete