To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Big Prayers Needed

Big prayers are needed for Kaitlyn today. Last night her heart rate was high and she was very restless all night. Normally when she is sleeping, her heart rate is in the 80s and 90s. Last night it was in the 120s and 130s consistently, even when she was given clonazepam and morphine.

This is another sign that it is taking a lot of work to keep her body going. We have heard from other parents who have lost their children to NPD, that this is common at the end of life. What that means, time wise, we don't know. We just pray that she isn't in any pain and that peace and happiness would fill her during this time.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
(Isaiah 41:10)

10 comments:

  1. our prayers and thoughts are with all of you. Kaitlyn is precious and has amazing parents. i am sure that her heart is fill with love and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be thinking of you all today. I know how difficult this is and I wish you all peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you today and everyday. I have learned so much from your grace and strength as you move through this terrible disease. You are incredible parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Misti from South CarolinaNovember 11, 2011 at 1:30 PM

    Continuing to pray for Kaitlyn and your entire family! Your faith is truly inspiring. As a mom, my heart hurts deeply with you as you face the uncertainty of each day. Praying for strength for your sweet daughter's body and for peace "that passes all understanding" for you and your family. I send you heartfelt love from across the miles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for Kaitlyn today from Massachusetts. I hope she is comfortable and safe in God's arms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. May you find peace and strength to get you thru this tough time. Kaitlyn has the best parents that any child could ever ask for. We love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read about your daughter from Jeannette Coleman on FB. Though I don't know you personally, I have Kaitlyn's name on a post it on my desk at work to remind me to pray for her comfort.. and for yours.
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Continued prayers...since I found your blog I pray without ceasing for your family and and for Kaitlyn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. May God provide you strength and hope; may God bring you blessings that seem unreachable. Lifting you all up in prayers. A Three Chopt Presbyterian church friend in Christ, Jean.

    ReplyDelete