To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Monday, November 14, 2011

The Power of Prayer

Snuggle snuggle



It is truly a blessing that Kaitlyn had a good weekend. The love and prayers that we have received from everyone is really the only explanation as to why she had such a good weekend. We had a couple of scary days with fluctuating heart rates and not having bowel movements like she should last week. All signs that her systems are shutting down. We know what the future holds for Kaitlyn. We know that she will pass. We just don't know when. It could be days, it could be weeks or even months from now.

So glad that Daddy is back in town!!!!
We just want her to be happy and comfortable. It is all about quality of life. We used to think that we wanted her here for as long as possible, which of course we still do, but as long as she wants to be here. I have made sure that she is aware that it is up to her and God. We will be okay. 

Reading with Cousin Makayla


Trust me, it took quite some time for me to get to this point. There have been plenty of times where I was angry at God and doubted my faith. I no longer have any doubt in God and in the goodness of others. Kaitlyn and all of you have taught me that.

Lots of family time


We cherish every moment we have with her. Please continue for peace and comfort for Kaitlyn during this time. Your prayers are working!

Cousin Daniel being cute as always!
On Friday, when I was really worried about Kaitlyn, I reached out to Faith Massey, our friend and photographer, who has generously donated her talents over the past year to us so that we can capture precious moments with Kaitlyn. She dropped everything and came over on Saturday for a quick photo session at our home. I can't tell you how much these photos mean to us. They are everything. Faith also put together a video of the photos too.

Click here to watch video. (make sure you have your volume turned on or use headphones to hear the music)

She is amazing. Here is also a link to her website Images by Faith Portrait Art and her Facebook Page.

Here are some of the photos!













8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful video. I was crying as soon as the first note played; such a powerful song. Thank you for sharing your family and your faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So peaceful and beautiful. Please know that there are so many of us thinking of you, praying for you and sending you strength and peace each day - some you have not met, many who have gotten to know you through your blog and those who have had the pleasure of meeting you. May peace and love carry you all through this time and the future. Thank you for opening your heart and life and allowing us to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following Kaitlyn's story and your family is in my thoughts. I also think Kaitlyn has the prettiest curls I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Your family has touched so many lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a beautiful little girl. My prayers are with you all. God is Good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've followed your blog for awhile now and felt compelled to finally write - that video was absolutely amazing. You have a beautiful family and you're all in my prayers. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your comments. It really means so much to us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been following your story and am very touched by it. My thoughts are with you daily. You have an amazing family and your strength is truly inspirational. Kaitlyn Is a beautiful little girl and I am praying for her. I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete