To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Ten little fingers, ten little toes

The day that Kaitlyn was born, I remember laying on the c-section table and all I could think about was whether she was ok. As they were stitching me up, I could see her under the warmer being assessed by the nurses. Chip was over with them and I remember asking him, "Is she okay?" "Ten fingers? Ten toes?"

He responded, "10 fingers, 10 toes! She's perfect!"

Kaitlyn's toes- 10 days old















How silly it seems now to me to have asked that question. Of course I wanted my baby to be healthy and  "normal", both inside and outside but 2 years, 4 months later I could care less if my baby had 2 toes or 11 toes!

Kaitlyn has perfect little toes. She never had her toenails painted so we decided to have some girl fun and do them up! The color is called "starlet". A perfect name for our little girl's first pedicure. :-) She IS a starlet!*

Kaitlyn's starlet toes! 2 years, 4 months old
As you go about your day, please keep Kaitlyn in your thoughts and prayers. This week she has been having trouble with bowel movements. She hasn't had any unless we give her a suppository. Her urine is also dark and often has an odd smell. She is on antibiotics which normally give her diarrhea but we haven't seen anything. Hospice feels that some of her body systems may be starting to shut down. We aren't positive of this but it's something we are definitely concerned about. Please keep Kaitlyn in your thoughts and prayers.

Exactly a year ago today- we moved into our new house! I could still hold Kaitlyn like this. What I would give to hold her like this again without hurting her.

Our sweet girl today
































God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. (Psalm 46:1-3)

*A note to NPD parents- fingernail polish has been proven to cause inaccurate pulse/ox readings so make sure you take the polish off of the big toes before you hook your child back up to a pulse/ox.

6 comments:

  1. Praying for Kaitlyn today and everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These symptoms happened to Gavin a month ago. I hope she pulls through. My heart goes out to u all .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying, praying for peace and comfort for you and for Kaitlyn. She is so loved by God to have such a precious family caring for her like you do and loving her so well. Your story is a testament of great faith and love.
    (we live just around the corner on Skillbeck, if you ever need anything at all)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers, hugs and kisses are sent to you today and everyday. My love to Kaitlyn and your whole family. Stay strong and remember -- God is right there at your side!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our thoughts are with you guys. The Lord certainly is your refuge and we pray you will find the strength you need through him. Prays and love to Kaitlyn. Lisa and Jami Chavez

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi There, I have been praying and following your journey. My heart is with you all, as you travel this journey!

    Love, Shannon, Emily's MOm
    http://www.emilyhubbel.com

    ReplyDelete