To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Monday, December 3, 2012

Coinkidink? I Think Not!

A friend recently sent me a prayer and it spoke to my heart in an amazing way. It is "A Prayer for the Hurting Mom" that was posted on another blog. Of course when I went to find the Facebook message from her, every other message would load EXCEPT for hers. Coincidence? I don't believe in coincidences. Everything that I have experienced and the ways in which Kaitlyn has and is continuing to impact lives is so incredible that I feel that someone (Devil? Satan?, whatever you believe) is trying everything possible to keep good from happening.

Sorry dude but I'm not giving up! I'll do the opposite and do even greater!

I'm sure many of you, if not all, have experienced something like this in your life at some point in time. When you feel that everything is going right and all of a sudden things and/or people start trying to tear you down or get in the way. To prevent good from happening. Many people give up. I'm not that person. I promise to always find the good and make sure to encourage others to have hope, never give up and persevere. It WILL be worth it. I know it with every ounce of my soul.

By the way, the message is STILL trying to load on Facebook... haha.... I'll wait ALLLLL day if I have to until I get it!   

HA! GOT IT!

Prayer for the Hurting Mom

Dearest Lord,
We come in to your presence on the broken side of glory.  Relationships are in turmoil, lives are uprooted by natural disaster, checkbooks reflect numbers no parent wants to see, kids leave us stressed, loved ones have passed, schedules are over-booked, and energy is waning.

This season is one filled with expectation for your birth.  There is supposed to be joy in gathering and sharing but when life circumstances take life out of us there is struggle to even find the will to prepare.  Around us people around sing of the Holly Jolly Christmas being the best time of the year, and as we listen,  guilt over our sad feelings mount and the energy needed to wear the happy mask leaves moms tired and empty, wondering how to be real.

Lord, meet us in this place.

In the midst of our dreariness there is serenity in your birth story.  Hope is found in brokenness.  Scared parents fall to their knees and trust in less than perfect circumstances {at least from the stand point of the world.}  The Christ child takes His first breath in an uncomfortable stall.  A bright shining star reveals that in your plan significance can be found in unexpected places during the darks of the night.  Blood, sweat, tears, pain, fatigue, they are all predecessors to a mama seeing you for the very first time.

Lord, I pray for mothers everywhere that commune with those feelings.  That feel broken, afraid, misplaced, run down.  I pray that in their exhaustion they too will see your face, feel your magnificence, and smile.  Not the surface-y holly jolly Christmas smile, but the heartfelt grin of a mother who knows life is worth fighting for and that hope is found in seeing your eyes.  It’s awareness that through the tears you meet us and we recognize that we are no longer without hope, but filled with quiet strength that comes in your presence.

This Christmas may we all see you.  Not the stuff, but you.  May the masks come off and relationship with you deepen, knowing that is why you came in the first place and that in this union hurting hearts are mended, energy is restored, and true promise is found. 
Amen

http://modsquadblog.com/2012/11/a-prayer-for-the-hurting-mom/


2 comments:

  1. Never giving up is certainly your trademark, Deanna! Kaitlyn led so many of us to other NPA families, then to other NPD families. For me, as I am sure for many others, making me aware of NPD also raised my consciousness about other families dealing with rare diseases, especially childhood diseases and families dealing with life threatening diseases in general. That, in turn, prods me to be more aware of all who are struggling in any way. While to some this might seem dark and depressing, for me it is a constant reminder of the many blessings in my life and that I, too, will never stop looking for the good and encouraging others to look for it, also. So - many thanks to Miss Kaitlyn and our sweet NPA angels and babies for the gifts they continue to give to those who are willing to accept them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i really needed that today. Thanks for the encouragement!!!

    ReplyDelete