To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Goodness

Hint of a smile in there :-)
Kaitlyn has been doing quite a bit better since she's been on Ceftin (antibiotic). She doesn't have as much respiratory distress and breathes much quieter, with less junk in there. There is still congestion in her lungs but that may never go away. She has been more stable though, which is really awesome!

A new bow!


Over the weekend I got to sneak away for a few minutes to our neighborhood's design center where there was a display for the Scentsy and Thirty-One online fundraiser for Kaitlyn's Fund. It was really great to meet Pamela and Michelle in person, who have really gone out of their way to help out. REMINDER: The fundraiser ends tomorrow (Wednesday, Feb. 29th) so make sure you put your online orders in if you are wanting to participate!

Click here to check out the Scentsy Online Fundraising Site.

Click here to check out the Thirty-One Online Fundraising Site.

Pamela and Michelle






Sweet girls brought a popular 7 week old guest!


So in the past year, I've probably had my hair cut like twice and that was before when Kaitlyn's disease hadn't progressed to the stage that it is now. I reached out to Joy Dietz of Comfort and Joy Salon. She had donated a few haircuts for a fundraiser in the past and I asked her if there was "anyway possible she could come out to the house and cut/color my hair, since I don't want to leave Kaitlyn". She graciously came out here and did my hair right next to where Kaitlyn was sleeping soundly! There are so many great people out there and the goodness in their hearts is evident in these simple, yet kind gestures.

Blonder- like I used to have it!


Our neighbors are still bringing us food a few days a week, which is so incredibly nice. It helps out so much, especially since I don't leave Kaitlyn's side much. We do have a new mini-fridge that one of our neighbors was going to sell and another neighbor bought it for us! Now we can store Kaitlyn's refrigerated medicines up in our room and also have some soda and snacks so I'm not completely isolated. Of course we had to "Kaitlyn-ify" the fridge with decals from one of her favorite movies, Tangled! :-) Thank you Leah and Michael!  

Our Tangled Mini-Fridge!















We are praying that the rest of the week goes well and that the Ceftin continues to help Kailtyn and that we can manage any pain that she may have. We still have her on pain patches, which gives her continuous pain meds. We have hardly had to use the morphine or other pain meds since she's been on the patch, so we feel that we are doing the right thing for her.

This morning.
Thank you again to everyone for your continued prayers, uplifting messages and even surprise sweet gifts for Kaitlyn left on our porch! You guys are so awesome!

12 comments:

  1. That last photo was just sooooo beautiful!! It will go on our fridge.

    Nanci & Mike Glassman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been praying for you daily, and Kaitlynn's pic is our computer screensaver- know that people you've never met are holding you up and thinking of you daily. You are an inspiration and we know the Hope that is in Jesus and the fact that you will spend eternity with her in her PERFECT body!! We will all rejoice on that day!! Love & Prayers, the Glovers (Hampton, VA)

      Delete
    2. ps- realized I accidentally put an extra "n" in her name- sorry about that! :)

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear she is resting comfortably! And I'm glad to hear that you got some fresh air too - you need to do for yourself, so you can do for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pictures! So happy to read this post! I am glad Kaitlyn is doing better on the medication and you got a little time out and a new "do". It is heart warming to read how many wonderful people there are out there that are helping your family. I will be placing my 31 order tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so wonderful to hear that Kaitlyn is feeling better! I still keep you in my thoughts daily!!!! Such great pictures too! Thanks for sharing!


    Ali Reardon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had the fortunate blessing of learning about Kaitlyn through a mutual friend. Her story and your continued updates have really touched me and I look for them each day. I am astounded by your strength and love for your daughter. I will continue to pray for Kaitlyn and your beautiful family! She is just beautiful and I LOVE her gorgeous curls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet picture of Kaitlyn and Momma! Both of you are gorgeous and I'm so glad you could have your hair done at home. Such a blessing to hear Kaitlyn has been stable and in no pain...you all are in my prayers daily!

    Love to you
    Becky Bramer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love & Prayers to you all.

    As a mother of two young children myself I can't even imagine what this journey has been like. Your grace under such pressure is simply amazing. Wishing you all comfort and peace as you walk this road.

    Take Care,
    \icole

    ReplyDelete
  8. What it do baby? I sho do hopes u be do is feelin bettah....and u bess be hollarin at cha bbboooooooyyyyy.(like flava flavor) word up home girl. We is grindin in dah hood foe a homie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. God Bless each and every one of you! I am still amazed at your determination and devotion, though it shouldn't surprise me. I can tell there's a lot of love and care within your home! I just adore Miss Kaitlyn. I am so proud of the fight within her. I am glad to hear that she is doing ok. Hopefully, she has no pain. Kaitlyn, Cole, you and Chip give me hope in mankind. My wife and I have so much respect and love for you and we wish you all peace. Take care...of Kaitlyn, of yourselves! You have a NATION full of support and love. Keep the faith, fight the good fight. I like a statement made earlier: "You are an inspiration and we know the Hope that is in Jesus and the fact that you will spend eternity with her in her PERFECT body!! We will all rejoice on that day!!" Great statement by the Glovers, and how true it is!!! Can you imagine the lives touched by your precious Kaitlyn, and all the friends she doesn't even know she has??? Awesome!!!

    Much love, respect, and prayer headed your way...

    -Paul

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying everyday for your family! Thanks for sharing your beautiful angels with us!

    ReplyDelete