To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Kaitlyn's Light Shines!


I wish I could have been in Richmond, VA at the prayer service to hug each of you and show you just how much I appreciate what you have done for Kaitlyn and for us. It takes a special person to actually act on an idea, especially one like a Prayer Service with slide shows and songs and prayers, etc! WOW!

Prayer Service mentioned in the news earlier in the day.



Photos from the Prayer Service

Kristin (my friend from HS and the one who made the event




Showing the "Our Story" video about how we learned of her diagnosis



















 If you haven't seen "Our Story" here it is...


I have always known what great people there have been in my life but when you go over 14 years without really staying in touch except through Facebook, it's pretty incredible what has happened and what others are willing to do.

This is a slide show that Christian Flemming put together with a song by Kari Jobe (that Kristin sang at the service) and with me talking during the News 14 Carolina interview. 



I am amazed at Kaitlyn and how she has touched so many people's lives. I have started to print out messages that I receive about how she has impacted their lives.


News clip on NBC 12 in Richmond, VA!

A huge THANK YOU to everyone involved in the prayer service, especially Kristin Gainous-Anderson who came up with the idea but to Christian Fleming for the videos and Cheryl Read for getting the word out to the media. Thank you to each of you who have put your time and effort into making this happen. You will never know what a big difference you have made in our lives. Thank you to everyone who came to the service and prayed for Kaitlyn, it means the world to us.

So sweet. I didn't know you guys did this. So awesome!
Thank you!
I can't wait to see more photos and video from the service. I know it was fantastic by all the responses and comments on Facebook and the blog about it.

I just imagine Kaitlyn singing this to herself. :-)

"This little light of  mine... I'm gonna let it shine... this little light of mine... I'm gonna let it shine... let it shine, let it shine, let it shine!"

10 comments:

  1. she has touched so many lives, and will continue to do so for many years

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing tribute to your sweet Kaitlyn and to your family. Praying for you daily. God Bless. Glory to Him. Amy Barrett

    ReplyDelete
  3. These videos have inspired me they also break my heart your little kaitlyn in a little angel it is inspiring to see how strong your family is in this very sad time know that god is with you and has his arms wrapped around you i am keeping you in my prayers everyday

    ReplyDelete
  4. My light shines for Kaitlyn.
    Love you, Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother and sister-in-law lost my niece before her 4th birthday to another rare genetic disease to which there is also no cure. I watched your video and relived our family's ordeal through yours. My brother works tirelessly trying to raise money and awareness. May g-d bless you all. It is the worst pain to watch a child, your own child suffer without being able to help them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many thoughts go to your family. I have been reading your story for the past month and I check on you daily. You are always in my thoughts. Just know that you and your family have inspired so many of us out here !!! You have so much love for your daughter and she will always know that. We will always know that.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing the story of your beautiful Kaitlyn. A friend introduced me to your family through facebook about a month ago, and now I look at your blog daily. I'm so sorry that your family is having to go through this, but I will continue to pray for strength and healing for your family. I love all the pictures of your precious Kaitlyn, and I am so glad you will have those forever. I will continue to share your story with Oklahoma and pray daily for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your family is an inspiration I pray for you and little Kaitlyn daily. May our Father keep you wrapped in His loving embrace. Bristol,Tn

    ReplyDelete
  10. My name is Liz and i have been following your blog and i just want to say what wonderful, loving, and strong parents you are. Your posts are full of love and kind words. I dont know if i could ever be that strong. May God not only bless beautiful Kaitlin but you both (and cole) as well. I pray for you all daily.
    Liz Nashua NH

    ReplyDelete