To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Friday, February 17, 2012

A Ray of Sunshine

Must be dreaming of something awesome!
Kaitlyn is doing much better today and we are so grateful! She is breathing and sleeping better. We also got an unexpected treat the other day when Dr. David Hufford Jr. MD, Kaitlyn's Pulmonologist at Levine Children's Hospital in Charlotte, NC drove out to Indian Trail in rush hour traffic to come check on Kaitlyn. It took him at least an hour to get here, if not more! This wasn't even our idea, it was his. What an amazing guy!

It was great getting reassurance from him that her lungs were sounding better and that in the course of 2 days on the antibiotics, the difference in her breathing is so significantly better. She still has some fluid in her lungs but not as bad as it was.

Daddy kisses!
Wednesday, Cole went to the doctor and we found out that he has strep throat! That is probably what Kaitlyn had and it developed into a respiratory infection. Having put her on antibiotics as a precaution on Friday, she hasn't been feverish and is in much better shape.

This again, just goes to show how fragile children with NPD are when it comes to common illnesses. Something as simple as strep throat (although it was never confirmed that Kaitlyn had it) can turn into a life-threatening situation. The bacteria from a strep infection can and probably did get into Kaitlyn's lungs and cause her to struggle to breathe.

We are so thankful for everyone who is thinking and praying for Kaitlyn. You have all made such a difference in our lives. Thank you!

My cousin Dana's, hands- so pretty!

 The whole point of this life
is the healing of the heart's eye through which God is seen. 
~ St. Augustine

20 comments:

  1. Awe...Kaitlyn's picture just feels my heart with joy and love from God....your faithful servant praying for your baby girl and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my husband and i and our four children have been praying for your beautiful kaitlyn each night during our bible and prayer time...you have an amazing family...along with hearing how kaitlyn is doing on your blog, i also love to see what sweet kaitlyn is wearing and what kind of precious bow she's gonna have in her gorgeous hair...i LOVE it! may God bless your entire family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Joy this post brings! Praises and Thanksgiving for such news! Happy Friday to you all! Continued love and prayers come your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of her dreaming of something awesome! That is how life should be. Prayers coming to you from DC, today and everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I continue praying for all of you and I thank you so much for sharing your story!! It has touched my lIfe in ways that are just amazing to me!! Thank you Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. May we always have our dreams!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear that Kaitlyn is feeling better! She is truly amazing!!

    Ali Reardon

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad she's doing better! And can I just say she has got them most perfect and angelic looking curls I've ever seen? She is precious. Praying daily for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news!!! I am very glad to hear Miss Kaitlyn is doing better. So cool that her Doc came to visit and had good things to say. Love the pic, wish I could give her a penny for her thoughts...

    You all take care, stay strong, and have a GREAT weekend! Prayers headed your way, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lauren Helton-- FF NeighborFebruary 17, 2012 at 8:24 PM

    Dr. Hufford is great! We saw him while my daughter was having issues breathing in her sleep. So glad Kaitlyn is feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The rainbow bows across her precious head reminds me of the rainbow and God's promise. God is amazing. Your doctor is amazing. You, your husband, Cole and Kaitlyn have taught me more in these past months about life than anyone in 35 years. You ALL have left an amazing touch on my heart and life. God Bless. Amy Barrett, Gainesville, VA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful to hear Kaitlyn is feeling better. I continue to lift her up in prayer every night.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear she is feeling much better god bless you and your family the Flores family

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praise the Lord for answered prayer about Kaitlyn's comfort!! :) Thank you so much for the update and sweet photos. Continuing to lift y'all up in prayer and sending love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So, so happy to read this post! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. aww I just love that pic so precious! And so happy to read shes had a better day and thats a fantastic doc to do that! I continue to keep your whole family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy to hear this news today! Kaitlyn is just so precious and I, too, love her adorable outfits and matching hairbows. I hope Cole gets better soon and I am keeping your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Watched this video today in church worship and thought of Kaitlyn. What an important life she has. Made in His image. Perfect and with purpose. http://www.focusonthefamily.com/popups/media_player.aspx?MediaId=%7B5B903BBB-4FA1-4255-BD4E-931392D8722B%7D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Deanna and Chip,

    I stumbled upon your blog last week, on a friend's FB page. Kaitlyn's photo was so precious and I also have a Kaitlyn, who is the same age as your's, so I was curious.

    I had never heard of NPD, again, I was curious. I ended up going back to the beginning of your blog and, as painful as it was to read, I couldn't stop. Thank you for sharing sweet Kaitlyn's story with us. You are, indeed, a special family. Love and prayers to each one. Becky Bramer, RN


    Thank you for sharing sweet Kaitlyn with us

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just a note to let you know my wife, daughters and I are thinking of you all. Hoping and praying for peace and happiness and comfort. We pray for you and Kaitlyn, and hope she is still truckin along, doing well. Much love to you all. Take care, stay strong, your family is so loved!

    ReplyDelete