To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Breathtaking

Kaitlyn is still having ups and downs with her breathing. When she is sleeping, she seems to breathe fairly easily. But when she is awake it is very labored breathing and sounds pretty bad.

This morning while she was napping, she stopped breathing twice. The alarm on her pulse/ox went off and she started breathing again within a few seconds.

It is scary to hear your child's labored breathing and then it just stop... silence. She didn't wake up from any of the episodes, which is good. I don't want her to be in any pain or awareness of the fact that she had stopped breathing.

Right now she is still napping and I'm by her side listening to her breathe.

On a lighter note, we had a wonderful photo session with Faith the other day. She volunteers with Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, an organization that takes photos of stillborn babies or babies/children who aren't going to leave the hospital alive. They take beautiful photos for the parents to treasure. She is simply amazing and has donated her time and talents to take photos of Kaitlyn and our family throughout our journey. Click here for more information on Images By Faith.

Here are some of the photos:










Faith also entered Kaitlyn and Cole into the Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep Cutest Kid 2012 contest. It is their primary fundraising event for the organization. We aren't sure what the winner gets, we really aren't in it for money or anything, but the photographer ALSO gets a big winning package. Please consider voting for Kaitlyn and/or Cole so that if one of them wins, we can "pay" Faith back for all the good that she has done for us. The photos that she has taken have been breathtaking and we will treasure them forever.

The contest is open to any of the NILMDTS photographers but the kids don't have to be sick to participate. As far as I know, Kaitlyn is the only one that will pass away probably before the contest is over. I just feel it would be so fitting that she win, especially with what this organization does. She will be a NILMDTS child.

Each vote is $1 and you can vote as many times as you want and all at the same time too. So if you wanted to give $3, you could do it in one donation, just click on the + or - signs to increase or decrease the amount you want to donate/vote. Here is the link for the contest. Please consider voting (same as donating) to this organization. It is unbelievable what these photographers do. I couldn't imagine going to a hospital and taking photos for a family with their stillborn child. They must have so much courage, strength and love in their hearts to do this on a regular basis. Please help this organization AND help Kaitlyn and/or Cole win. ;-)

Click here to vote for Kaitlyn

Click here to vote for Cole

21 comments:

  1. These photos make my heart ache for you. I know you don't want us to feel sad but I know what they are going to mean for you later. Faith has the perfect name. She is obviously having the faith in God that she's doing what she's supposed to do. What a blessing!
    Still praying,
    an Indian Trail neighbor

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are so precious and I know you will cherish them so much, along with all the other beautiful pictures you have on here. You have a beautiful & amazing family! We love you and are praying always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are beautiful. Kaitlyn is such a beautiful little girl who has touched so many lives beyond her years and will continue to for years to come. I know I can honestly say she will be in my heart forever because she and your family have touched my life more than yall will ever know. Kaitlyn, you, and the rest of your family are truly inspirations. Always thinking about and praying for yall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaitlyn is so beautiful, an angel on earth! She is a fighter for her family and a hero to me and many more. She has a wonderful family to help her too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photos are beautiful! And so is she! I love Cole's face in the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been following your story and am blown away by your strength and courage through all of this. Your pictures are beautiful and really capture the gentle and loving way you care for your sweet girl. I also love seeing Cole's joyful spirit. It's clear that the love you share as a family will carry you through this.
    Your experiences are a daily reminder to cherish the gifts I'm given every day, even when they seem like challenges.
    Thank you for sharing and inspiring so many people. I'm praying for you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such precious photographs! I don't know why, but the one with her perfect little foot in your hand just got to me. Tears of mixed emotions, really. Thank you for sharing your beautiful family with us. Continued prayers from our family to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everybody says that it's good to cry.....well I cry every single day reading about your "gift" Kaitlyn.
    Just remember that the sky is not the limit because there have been footsteps on the moon! I live by this motto and it has helped me in a few bumpy roads in my life. I hope that you can find inspiration in it as I have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read your blog as soon as it is updated. My heart aches for you and I know that your child and yourself along with your family are truly exceptional people. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. May owr precious lord be with you now more then ever..lord give them the comfort,peace that paces all understanding.god bless you all..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos. Thank you for sharing them. Precious, precious moments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos...just cast my votes. :) Continuing to pray for Kaitlyn and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful pictures of a very beautiful and inspirational little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pictures!! Kaitlyn looks like the cherub from Beaugeureau's "first kiss"! May the Father continue to hold your family! I pray for y'all everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What gorgeous photos of both of your children. Faith has a gift for capturing your gifts. Continuing to pray and send love every single day. The Russells

    ReplyDelete
  17. Praying in Kansas. Love to you all

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is a beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are absolutely beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete