To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Peace, Love and Monkeys

I don't know why, but lately I have been at a loss for words. Maybe because so much has happened since Friday or maybe I'm just exhausted! Either way, I apologize if you have been checking for an update and there hasn't been one. There are so many of you that are praying for Kaitlyn and I want you to know that we appreciate every one of those prayers!

Sunday was a rough day


Kaitlyn had a rough weekend with her lungs sounding junky and her body struggling to breathe. At one point we were doing breathing treatments every 4 hours and they weren't making anything better. It actually seemed to make it worse so we stopped them. We also decreased her fluid intake in case her lungs are getting too much water/formula that her body may not be processing well. We took her off the humidified air (there is a humidifier bottle attached to the top of the oxygen machine) this may help to dry her lungs a bit, so now she is getting straight oxygen. Hospice also started her on an antibiotic in case of infection since she has had on and off fevers and the congestion hadn't gotten any better.

Yes- I made sure we had coordinating outfits!


And then there have been times where she is fast asleep and her breathing sounds completely normal! It's such a mix of emotions when things are up and then they are down and then back up again. I guess that is why I've had such a hard time in writing a new post. I don't know whether things are good or not? Overall they are better than good, they are GREAT considering that Kaitlyn is still here with us and still making an impact! 

I don't know what to expect anymore for each day is truly unpredictable in how she is going to be doing.

Feeling a bit better today (Tuesday)


We have received so many thoughtful cards, emails, donations, meals, gifts and artwork in the mail that it really gives us such hope that although we know that she will pass away, she continues to touch others' hearts.

Here is a video of Kaitlyn's distressed breathing over the weekend.


 It's funny, we have received a few packages of drawings from schools in NC, TN and VA. The teachers are telling their students about Kaitlyn and showing a few pictures of her from the blog. In one of the sets of drawings, the teacher showed the class a the picture of Kaitlyn and her Big Monkey (now named Paulie- a gift from our friend Paul and Karen). There were A LOT of monkeys in the drawings for Kaitlyn but one that made me smile and laugh was a drawing that said "Peace, Love and Monkeys". Ha ha ha... I couldn't help but chuckle. Kids really are amazing. The thoughtfulness in their artwork and what they write to Kaitlyn is so sweet and so honest. It has really meant so much to us just knowing that there are so many, even children, who are taking time to think about someone else who is in need of prayers and lifting them up and drawing pictures of monkeys for them! I'm hoping that I will be able to make a link on the blog of all the artwork that we have received. You would be amazed at what some of these children write.

More snuggle time with Paulie

I think I'm done now.... I don't know what else to say. There is so much else going on but it would be a really really long post so I think I'll wait until later for more.

I know that we have asked for prayers for Kaitlyn but please keep the Robbins family in your thoughts and prayers as well. Riley Robbins, who also has NPA had a cousin that just passed away at 3 months old. The cause of death is still uncertain. The cousin passed away on 2/12/12, the same day that Riley's older sister, Faith (who also had NPA) passed away. This family really needs our prayers. I can't imagine what they are going through right now. This is their blog if you want to learn more about the Robbins family: Click here  

http://faithandriley.blogspot.com




15 comments:

  1. Deanna I think the only thing to say is praise God. A month ago we all thought that Kaitlyn had just hours or days left in her earthly body and here we are a month later and she's still fighting! She is truly amazing. Gods work is being done through her each and every day. We are all so blessed to be able to share this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanette, you are absolutely right! It is astonishing that she is still here. We are so blessed and the power of prayer is evident in Kaitlyn's strength to stay with us.

      Delete
    2. Amen. I have to say that Kaitlyn's journey has truly strengthened my faith in the Lord and made me a firm believer in prayer.

      Delete
  2. I will keep you & your family in my prayers. Your strength & courage is amazing.
    Don't be afraid to ask.... We at Fieldstone Farm have your back for whatever you need.
    Happy Valentine's Day to you & your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I check your blog every day. I am thankful for every post and every day that Kaitlyn is still here. Thank you for continuing to share your faith and Kaitlyn with us.

    And I agree, Praise God for Kaitlyn. She is wonderfully made. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaitlyn mommy,daddy,family my heart is so full of so many emotions for this little angel.I myself an really touched by the courage and strengh you are showing.I know by no means seeng your little angel go threw so much.is easy by no means.that's why it is showing everyone that is watching that we can reach out to the lord and his strengh,comfort helps us threw this.my heart is so so heavy everytime I see little kaitlyn..and what you all going threw seeing your angel day after day with her struggles.precious lord put your hedge of protection around the whole family never let them feel alone .let them all always feel you right there.when they feel they can't go another step.let them feel you carry them father god.in Jesus name....Cindy. Milan,michigan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been anxiously awaiting an update. Thank you so much...please, Dear God...give them ALL strength and courage! Bless them and hold them in your arms, especially Miss Kaitlyn.

    Though i don't know you, i choose to call you friends. You have helped me, and taught me some things. Because of Kaitlyn, i strive to love on my two daughters more, and to TRULY cherish and dote on them.

    Thanks, again! I look forward to the next update. As always, prayers and love headed your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how you find words at all! You are amazingly strong! As hard as this time is for all of you, I am so happy and thankful that God has given you Kaitlyn and Cole. I think of the quote "Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away". Cherish the moments that have and do take your breath away- smiles, happiness, humor- always! I pray for Kaitlyn's comfort and you and your family's continued strength. So glad you continue to smile, and hope you always will!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your life and your sweet girl with us. Your updates are precious gifts to us. I am humbled that you share them with us in the midst of all you have on your plate. We are grateful for them, but know that we understand when they don't come. We lift you all up every day and will continue to. Love to you all, this V's Day. May the love of Jesus fill your home with beautiful peace today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read your blog daily. Tears stream down my face. My heart hurts for you, and at the same time, I am praising God for all that he has done and is doing. You are such a strong woman. Your daughter is such a strong little girl. I have never met your family. However you are right- your daughter is helping the world. YOU are helping the world. I strive to be a better parent after reading your posts and blogs. Your strength is amazing to me. I am praying for your family ALL day long every day. - Amy, Midlo VA

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING is all i can say!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meghan M from Bowie, MDFebruary 14, 2012 at 5:42 PM

    I have the same thoughts, emotions, and sentiments as what Amy from Midlo has written above. I too check daily for an update about sweet Kaitlyn. She really is an inspiration to all of us. I was very enlightened after readying 'The Road to Now' post...as I have often felt angry at God for doing this to your family...you all didn't deserve this. I at least now understand based on your outpouring how you have gotten to where you are now. You are an incredible mother.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for continuing to share updates on Kaitlyn, even when it is obviously incredibly hard considering everything else going on. We continue to pray for your comfort; know that you are loved by so many in these times. Our family is sending all of our thoughts, prayers and hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm continuing to pray for you, everyday. You are simply amazing!
    Mary from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  13. I pray for you all daily and think of you often. I discovered your blog through a Richmond friend on FB, and have been reading it for months. Thank you so much for sharing your story and Kaitlyn with everyone. She has touched me in a way that I could never describe. Your strength is so motivating and makes me try harder to show my family how much I love them. God bless you Kaitlyn.

    ReplyDelete