To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

She's a Fighter!

What a fighter Kaitlyn is. I am continually amazed! I have no doubt that all of your prayers are making a huge difference. The prayers of many are being heard loudly to God and I truly believe that He is responding.

Family photo!
Kaitlyn's jaundice is still present but it seems to have lightened a bit in her skin coloring but is definitely pretty bad in her eyes.

Daddy loves Kaitlyn SO much!
I don't know why it would get a little better, (other than prayers) but none the less, we will take it!

We have been keeping her fairly sedated throughout the day and night, not knowing the extent of her pain. We have been using the lactulose still twice a day and have continued her feedings, although not as concentrated with powder.



The other night, Chip and I had a "talk" with Kaitlyn. We have both told her in the past that whenever she and God decide that she is ready to go that we will be ready too and that whenever she is "all done" (one of the last words she has said and still tries to say) it's okay. We prayed over her to God and asked for peace and comfort for Kaitlyn and we also read her the book "Heaven is for Real" for kids, so that she will know what to expect and what she has to look forward to in Heaven.















Here are some of the wonderful things that Colton says in the book:

"Heaven is more amazing than you can imagine. I could hear beautiful music and see lots of colors. Big bright rainbows and everywhere you look, the streets are gold, the gates are made of pearl and shiny jewels are on the walls."

"Heaven is not scary- ever! There is no sun, but it never gets dark in heaven because the light of God is so bright. No one ever cries or is afraid in heaven. No one ever gets sad or mad. Everyone is happy there!"









"God, people, angels, and even animals are in heaven. All the same types of animals that are on earth are in heaven, but in heaven they all get along. You can play with any animal you like. I got to play with dogs, cats, elephants and even kangaroos, but my favorite animals were the lions and Jesus' big white horse."

Painting of Jesus by Akiane, age 8. Colton says this looks exactly like Jesus when he met him in Heaven.














"One of the most wonderful things about heaven is that no one ever gets sick or hurt there. No one ever has bumps or bruises or skinned knees. No one needs glasses or wheelchairs. In heaven, no one is old; everyone is young and healthy. And no one dies in heaven. In heaven, you live forever with God!"

Cole and Cousin Dane- Best Buds!















Little did we know that my sister (Aunt Jess) read the same book to her son Dane (Cousin Dane) who is 4 years old that same night. The next morning he told Jess that he wants Kaitlyn to go to Heaven. Curious to see what he would say, Jess asked "Why?" and he said "So she can talk and run and play like I can". It is amazing what kids know and feel and comprehend even at such a young age. Cousin Dane, we love you and you are an amazing kid!

PERSEVERE















For now, we will continue to PERSEVERE and make sure Kaitlyn is comfortable and that we continually seek God's wisdom for what is best for her.

22 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing little girl you have! Continued love and prayers for Kaitlyn and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. Beautiful family picture!

      Delete
  2. It's amazing how God works. Kaitlyn is here to touch more lives. As I have been following the blog for a while now, I have been able to hear all the stories of how your family has worked in amazing ways for others. It makes me realize that my little troubles are far from what they could be. I pray for Kaitlyn and your family multiple times during the day. May God keep blessing Kaitlyn and others with the time He has given her. You've truly inspired me to be a better mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree wholeheartedly Maria. I too want to be a better mom and have new perspective on my own troubles.

      Delete
  3. Wow, what Godly wisdom you both have in regards to Kaitlyn. God couldn't have picked two better parents for her. While my heart hurts for you, I'm happy for her to be able to be free of this disease. We are eternal beings and she will be waiting for you when you get there too. Her time on earth may be too short for us, but she has completed her purpose. And when you get to heaven too, you won't be separated from her again. She has touched more lives than you'll ever know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heaven sounds amazing! When Kaitlyn is ready, she is going to be so happy there! What a great book for children! I hope Heaven has pretty bows too. Casey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so thankful that prayers are being answered! Praise God! I will continue up pray for your beautiful angel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Simply beautiful. My head and heart can not shake the picture of Kaitlyn chasing cats in Heaven. Our Jesus makes all things new! Thank you for sharing your family and your faith with us. You are loved and prayers continue! Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok where to start.your amazing story with sweet little kaitlyn.is showing us all gods amazing amzing power threw a little child.threw what kaitltn is going threw all eyes are on gods power to still keep kaitlyn even with all that is against her health wise.but with the lord on her side comfort is hers withgid on her side.cause the lord is sustaining her life.you and chip are amazing also to continue to lean on god threw it all.when others.would have given up on god a long time ago.I know the journey had not been easy.but still keeping the faith when things look so bad.know that is faith..gods moves in those kinds of times when its bad.but continue to lean on god and keep the faith threw it all.may owr precious precious lord bless you all..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Continued from last post.your sweet little.kaitlyn what she says. It's ok.....how amazing...that shows how much you two have loved threw it all and she never been afraid cause mommy and daddy are there holding her hand threw it all...amazing parents ,family kaitlyn has as a support team.I am so many miles away but feel so connect at heart with all you all are going threw.I look at your wonderful pictures and just want to hold sweet kaitlyn..precious previous baby girl she has become to tons.of people...Cindy from Milan,Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful photos - I've been praying for Kaitlyn all weekend - and I will continue to hold her and your family in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your sweet baby girl kaitlyn's Journey with all of us.I read every day about her and pray for her and hope that she is pain free. What you are doing is amazing.I love seeing all the beautiful pictures you post of her. She is one VERY special little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I pray for Kaitlyn each day. I check back here every day for updates on how she is doing. I will pray for your strength through this. I have a special needs daughter this is two months older than Kaitlyn. You are handling this with such grace. Kaitlyn is so lucky to have you as her mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We read that book to our son recently... his best buddy had just died at the age of 6. Between the tears running down our faces, and his cries, we read that story, and now, a month later, we still think back to those words of truth and feel better that our young friend is with Jesus. Praying for you, Kaitlyn, and your family...peace to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kaitlyn is such a fighter! Truly amazing!!! I continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers everyday!

    Ali Reardon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your family is AMAZING. Your strength shows in every post. Prayers for your sweet baby girl as well as the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Since a friend shared your blog with me, I have been reading about your amazing family and especially your amazing Kaitlyn. Please know many, many prayers are being offered for you all. God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, you truly are amazing, all of you. Your whole family is in my prayers on a daily basis. M. Desulis, Richmond, Va.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heaven is for REAL! An amazing book. I am so thankful for every moment that you have with Kaitlyn and and pray daily for her comfort and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just sit and stare at the pictures demonstrating the care, comfort, and compassion you give to your darling little girl. The latest with Chip caressing Kaitlyn's head with his hand even brought me comfort. Kaitlyn must be completely at peace knowing you are there for her. May God continue giving you strength during this difficult time. Hug and kiss Kaitlyn for me, and I request that you give Cole a bear hug as well. God, hear our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are simply an inspiration! She is so precious. May the lord hold her in his healing hands.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am praying for Katelyn and your family. She is such a Beautiful Little Angel and lucky to have a wonderful loving family. My heart breaks that anyone would have to endure what your family has but I am amazed at how positive and graceful you handle it. God Bless you and your family and I will continue praying or your family.

    ReplyDelete