To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Beautiful Request

Kaitlyn is amazing. She is here with us and resting quite a bit. Her congestion isn't as bad. We aren't suctioning out as much gunk as we were. Her heart rate is still high most of the time and she is having difficulty holding her oxygen concentration. We had to go up on her oxygen a little although we know that it will continue to get worse.

She's awake! At least for a minute. :-)


It seems that her "wake" time is now from 3am - 6am so we are trying to adjust to her new schedule. You may thing geez 3am - 6am- ugh! But for us, any time she is awake we will cherish, no matter what time of day or night it is. She sleeps so much during the day that being able to interact with her in the slightest bit at 4 in the morning is just fine with us!

Here is our request:

Our dear friend Faith, of Images by Faith, who has taken so many wonderful photographs of Kaitlyn and Cole over the past year has entered them into a fundraising "cutest kid" contest. The contest is the primary fund raising event for Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep (NILMDTS).  Proceeds from votes benefit NILMDTS, a 501(c)(3) non-profit whose mission is to provide professional portrait sessions to families suffering an early infant loss at no cost to the family in order to honor their child’s legacy and memory.

Each vote is $1 and you can enter multiple votes at the same time. It would mean so much to us to honor Kaitlyn in this way. The contest ends in March and Finalists/Awards are given in April. Knowing how close Kaitlyn is to the end of life, even if she isn't present at the award ceremony, it would be such an honor to have her be a finalist or winner, given all the beauty she has given to this world, both inside and out. Her beauty and what she has already done with her life is amazing and the Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep is the most perfect way to honor her beauty. The mission of the foundation is amazing and this would means so much to us. Please vote for Kaitlyn and Cole and spread the word to others too. :-) 



Click here to vote for Kaitlyn

Cole is also in the contest too! Of course- he is a cutie!!!! Please vote. This really gives us something to take our minds off of our everyday reality and do something fun and special for our kids. Thanks in advance for all of your support. We are still hanging in there. :)

  Click here to vote for Cole

 

23 comments:

  1. Kaitlyn got some votes from me! Good luck and I think of you all, often...what a healthy way to channel your grief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are beautiful! Will vote for Kaitlyn for sure...and probably for Cole too, he's too cute to not get a vote as well. ;) Glad you are getting to spend some "awake" time with her. Continuing to pray. Love to you guys. The Russells

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted for both of your beautiful children. May God wrap his arms around your family...praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just submitted some votes for Kaitlyn!! Good luck!

    Ali & Joe Reardon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a link from Tricia on Facebook, and I was disinclined to "vote" until I fully understood what the money would go toward. Thank you for writing about the cause. I will be sure to cast my vote, as much as fiscally possible, for this cause. Prayers to you all, for clarity and comfort. Clarity to help you determine the best paths as you deal with Kaitlyn's care, and comfort to manage the surprises you never expected, and the realities that you did expect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just voted for Kaitlyn 25 times! Who will top that? Let's do this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I posted your post today to my FB page and will vote too! I think NILMDTS is a wonderful, wonderful group. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Read this on FB from Shannon Cobb. 30 votes more from us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got my votes:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just posted this to my Facebook page and sent it to my family and friends for support. I voted today as well! Kaitlyn is so beautiful inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Meant to add in the last post above that I voted 500 times for her! I think she can win this thing! Let's go people :) She is up to over 1000 votes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cool that she is winning!!! I love it! I posted to my FB page also. I will be voting soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know your family, but I learned of your blog on facebook. I have read your story several times and check daily for updates you on your beautiful family. Please know that Kaitlyn has touched the hearts of many, even people who have never met her. I voted for that gorgeous baby girl this morning!! Continued peace to all of you during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 10 votes from Boston! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have been following you after I saw facebook posts from my sorority sisters. Keeping your family in my daily thoughts and prayers and just sent lots of votes Kaitlyn's way. Of course voted for Cole as well :) Kaitlyn is a precious and beautiful little girl and I'm sure she can feel all of your love and the love being sent her way from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 10 Votes from Grapevine Texas!! God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. 25 votes from Gaithersburg, MD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. 25 votes sent with love from Waxhaw, NC!

    ReplyDelete
  19. 10 more votes!! Love your precious family!

    ReplyDelete
  20. 20 votes from Dallas, TX! What beautiful children!

    ReplyDelete
  21. 10 votes from Bowie, MD. I have been following your story for over a week now after learning about Kaitlyn through 2 mutual friends. My heart breaks for your family and for what you are going through. What a sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  22. 10 more loving votes from Dallas !!! I just know she is going to win with the beautiful picture that was submitted. Thinking of you daily!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. 20 Votes from your hometown. I can not tell you all how much your story has touched our family! That prescious little angel you have has touched me more than anyone else ever has in my 34 years here. And I have never had the pleasure of meeting her. Though it feels like I have known ya'll for years. Cole is one lucky little brother because he has a lifetime of cherishing the wonderful life of his big sister and learning how to touch people the way she has. You all are the strongest family I know. I will continue to pray for peace and comfort.God bless ya'll!

    ReplyDelete