To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Generosity and Thankfulness

Our sweet girl is hanging in there. She has slept most of the entire weekend.

Sweet pea with her sweet pea

The hospice doctor and nurses have been out to check on Kaitlyn and she has been put on 2 antibiotics (azithromycin and a rocephin shot) in case of any infection. She still has had fever of varying degrees (101-103) this weekend and has been coughing a lot when she is awake. When she is sleeping, her breathing is pretty good but when she wakes up, it seems like she is using all of her energy to breathe.

With Pepere















She still has a pain patch but we didn't feel like she needed any morphine yesterday or today (so far).  We are feeding her through her G-tube but at a much slower rate than normal. So far she is tolerating it really well. The blood shot eyes are now clear and she seems more comfortable.

Cole loves Kaitlyn's decorations too!















When she does wake up, it's usually only for a few minutes and she isn't very focused. We are with her all the time and talk with her even when she's asleep. We know that she will one day remember every word we have said to her.

Holding Kaitlyn before going to bed last night


We have been blown away by the compassion and generosity of our family, neighbors and friends from afar. It is amazing to see how so many people come together to help out. The food we have received from neighbors has been extremely generous and really, really good! The Fieldstone Farmers (as we call ourselves in our neighborhood- Fieldstone Farm) can COOK! I seriously think we need to put together a cookbook cause I want all the recipes! All kidding aside (although really I'm not kidding) we can't thank everyone enough for all you are doing for us. The food, the cards, the donations to Kaitlyn's Fund, your children's drawings for Kaitlyn, the balloons, the ceiling decor, and most importantly the prayers and uplifting messages . It all touches our hearts in a way that we can never truly express in words.

Cole and Cousin Daniel


When it comes to a community coming together we are simply amazed and blessed and thankful and I could go on and on... THANK YOU!

18 comments:

  1. Deanna and Chip. My heart really goes out to you all. I used to work with Chip and honestly think about your family daily. I admire the strength that you and Chip both have to share Kaitlyn's story. You are both amazing parents and Kaitlyn is blessed to have you. I know that God is in control but I know that it is still very hard, so I will keep you all in my prayers. I feel as if I was able to "know" Kaitlyn through your blog and I know that I was blessed by what you shared. God Bless You All!

    Tracy Ferguson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of and praying for you today. Seeking His face in all my prayers. God Bless your community as they are His hands and feet in all they do for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have been following your blog for a week or so now. I think about your sweet, darling girl many times throughout the day and even wake up in the middle of night saying a prayer for her. May you find comfort through your faith in God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoughts, love, prayers to your wonderful family

    ReplyDelete
  5. To your sweet family: I am praying many times throughout the day for your family. I wake up thinking about Kaitlyn and fall asleep praying for her. She stays on my mind. I check this blog about 20 times a day to see if there are any updates. I am praying for miracles for your precious daughter. I can actually feel my heart aching for her. I pray for peace for you two when making decisions for her. I pray that no matter what you know that you are doing what is best for her and that she is going to be okay. I pray that God blesses you all and keeps you all and that you are at peace.
    Hugs sent with love from someone you don't know,
    Erika Hannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for your family and sweet Kaitlyn many times throughout the day. Your story has touched me more than I think anything ever has in my life. She is a beautiful little girl and you are AMAZING parents. Continuing to pray for her! God is so good and He will not take that precious girl until He is ready for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are in my thoughts and prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  8. We continue to pray for Kaitlyn and for your family. She is on my mind all day long every day. She has touched so many lives, near and far. She is truly a beautiful and precious little girl and so many people love her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you all each and every day. I am glad to read that Kaitlyn is resting comfortably and that you are so well cared for by family, friends, and neighbors that your focus can be on her and family 100%. Much love and constant prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A friend shared your story via facebook and ever since then, I have thought about and prayed for you and your family. Your strength is amazing and inspiring. My heart is so heavy for you. Kaitlyn sounds like such a special little girl and she sure is blessed to have such extraordinary parents. God bless all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I continue to pray for your family and little Kaitlyn may Jesus continually keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been following your story recently, and just wanted you to know that I think you all are AMAZING! Kaitlyn is precious and so brave; as a mother of 2 young girls around her age, my heart aches for you. I have no doubt that she feels incredibly loved, and really that is what matters more than anything. Hugs to that beautiful little girl, and to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deanna, Chip, Cole and Precious Kaitlyn, I only came across your blog yesterday and was so moved I had to go back and read all your old posts. What a truly amazing family you are. I can see how blessed you all are to have Kaitlyn in your lives and how blessed she is as well. My heart aches for your pain and I have cried while reading your posts and feel so connected to you all. May god continue to be with you all through this trying time. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. THANK YOU for choosing to share your amazing, very personal, journey with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laying you before the throne this morning, at the feet of the Ultimate Physician. I am praying and sharing the need for prayer with others. A couple of songs that have given me encouragement through life's battles…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9_caMq_iYc

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGPS8sa-bRQ&feature=related

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2Ozli3yTVs&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet beautiful little girl. May the lord be with her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You were on our prayer list last night at Home Team and we continue to lift all of you up in prayer today. Reading your blog for the update and what specifics I can pray for has become part of my morning ritual. Prayers abound...Kara Huffman

    ReplyDelete
  17. Praying for Kaitlyn as God holds her in his healing hands. Praying for Cole and your family.

    Psalm 121

    ReplyDelete
  18. God bless you and your family, as my heart breaks for what you are going through. I am making a donation in my grand daughter's name, so that we can help you in a very small way...Kathleen Mercer on behalf of Anne Marie

    ReplyDelete