To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday Afternoon



Jacques, RN with hospice came by and checked on Kaitlyn. He suggested that we hold her feeding for another 24 hrs. He didn't hear any bowel sounds and felt that adding formula/fluid may cause additional complications and discomfort. It's hard to understand but it does make sense that if her body can't process the food, the fluid has to go somewhere. Somewhere could be her lungs, around her heart, or swelling throughout the entire body.

Since we give her so much medicine, he did say it was okay to give her a tiny amount of formula with medicine so the amount of medicine doesn't hurt her stomach. (like if you were going to eat some crackers with medicine).

He is going to check on her tomorrow. For now she is still sleeping off and on. Most of the time she is sleeping though. She doesn't seem to be in any pain or discomfort other when she starts coughing so that is good.

We will continue to take it one day at a time.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update - she looks comfortable. Blessings and prayers. Big Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading your story through adam cooks Facebook. We also live in concord and have been so touched by kaitlyn and her story. You all are am inspiration. We lift you up and pray for your family daily. Chris and carmen brinson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaitlyn looks like a beauty queen in this photo - china doll face, perfect curls, pink lips. Enjoy every moment with your little angel as we continue to pray for her comfort. You are an inspiration.

    Nanci & Mike Glassman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Deanna and Chip for all the updates letting us know how Sweet Little Kaitlyn is doing. May God hold you all in the palm of his hands and give you all comfort. Love you all. Aunt Nancy and Uncle Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what we had to do with Gavin-hold the feedings. We eventually had to draw the fluid out. Is she taking pain meds, too? Poor baby. My heart goes out to you all. I'm sending you comfort. None of this makes sense but she will be where she needs to be soon without pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came across your blog tonight. She's beautiful! You have a gorgeous family. I have a 20 month old son named Cole... Good pick. ;-) From the few posts I've read I can tell that you are an amazing woman and mommy. I can't imagine having another child right now... And you had a second baby when Kaitlyn was even younger! Brave woman... You make me look like a wuss. Lol. anyway, I admire you and I'm wishing you all a comfortable and peaceful sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently discovered your blog thru my cousin, Brad Houck , who had posted Prayer request for Kaitlyn...she is the most beautiful little girl...since viewing your posts I have to come to the dcision to spend everyday with my family like its the last and to b thankful for each day we do have together....u n your family r a true inspiration.... Watching u maintain your strength for Kaitlyn...n although u must b exhausted both mentally and physically it is amazing that u do all u can to make Kaitlyn's day better with the activities u do with her...like reading, the crafts, hair n nails, spending time with her....etc....u r all amazing people n I'm touched to c all the faith u have n GOD....Kaitlyn n your family r n my prayers n everyone I know....I will continue to pray for comfort for Kaitlyn n the family as u endure these trying times...Prayer does change things...bless you family n may u always put God n control.

    ReplyDelete