To get back to the home page, click on Kaitlyn's Korner above!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Immobility

Kaitlyn had a rough evening tonight. She started having coughing fits. For her, it takes A LOT of energy to make what other people would say is a normal cough sound and she was coughing a lot. I had to deep suction her (thin tube up the nose and goes in WAY back), which I hate to do, but sometimes it's the only way to help her. It didn't seem to get much out but the coughing settled down shortly after.

I feel like she is doing the best she can in the state that she is in. I started reading "90 Minutes in Heaven" and the author talks a lot about the pain he suffered after his accident and the helpless feeling of being immobile and unable to take care of himself. I can't even imagine what Kaitlyn is feeling when she tries to move her arms, legs and hands and they only move a slight bit. I pray that she doesn't feel as bad as that author. I know he is an adult and Kaitlyn is a child but she once was able to do SO much more both physically and mentally that I wonder if she knows that she has lost those abilities and is angry, sad or frustrated.

Prayers would be great for Kaitlyn to stay strong for as she wants and for our love to fill her up.  

9 comments:

  1. My family and I continue to send warm thoughts and prayers your way.

    Ali Reardon

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for internal strength for all of you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your unconditional love is doing so much for Kaitlyn. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl Richards ReadJanuary 5, 2012 at 12:28 AM

    Praying for strength and comfort for your sweet and beautiful baby girl. Every ounce of me feels for her and I pray she is not frustrated by her limitations but comforted by her mom's and dad's voices and faces and let me not forget that adorable little brave boy that did so we'll today with his tubes. Deanna and Chip we are all praying for y'all...please let me know if there is anything that I can do... and I mean that in a sincerity....ANYTHING! Anything I cam send her to bring s smile to her face or anything for you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before I saw your post today, Kaitlyn was strong on my heart! I was ordering a little gift for you, and I just felt like I needed to be praying for all of you today. I know God is right there with you guys and especially with Kaitlyn. I read the Heaven is for Real book and it gave me great comfort and joy knowing we will be with Jesus someday and be perfect and healthy. Kaitlyn will be able to run and jump and hug you and Chip. This life is just a blink, and eternity in heaven will be amazing! I can't wait to get there :)
    Praying for strength and peace for each of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, my family and I are praying for Kaitlyn and you. You are always on our minds and in our hearts.
    I understand the mobility issue, how bad it hurts the parent to see their child like this, but just know the wonderful parents you are is what helps her get through each and every day comfortably.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read your blog the other night and couldn't figure out what to pray for. I pray for Kaitlyn's comfort. I pray for you to have the strength to get through each day. I pray for your family, friends and neighbors to be there when you need them. May God bless Kaitlyn, you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pray for you and your family always. I hope you don't mind I tell people at the pharmacy how strong Kaitlyn and ya'll are and ask for extra prayers. You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. May God bless you and your little one. I pray God provides you and her both with strength and the courage to face anything that comes you way. Just always remember God is good all the time and all the time God is good.

    ReplyDelete